Golf, the seventh in the alpha call sign series of 10-8 Performance builds, is complete. Golf was built as a concept gun to experiment with a bare bones duty format pistol build on a Springfield GI model. This build started as a new in box 2009 production GI model, and all stock small parts except the firing pin and spring guide were discarded. Starting with the slide and frame, all the parts were upgraded and gone over to produce a premium quality service pistol.
This unfortunately was the only build that I was able to complete so far this year, and it sold in only 1 minute via the email newsletter. This is a new record!
The build has the following features and modifications:
- Springfield forged carbon steel GI Model frame/slide, lap fit and internally polished/deburred; smooth front strap
- 10-8 stainless oversized match barrel and bushing
- Ejection port lower, flared to rear, relieved in front for live round ejection
- 10-8 slide stop, grip screws, mag catch, spring plug, pins
- 10-8 Hyena Brown G10 grips, 5lpi, with mag catch scoop
- 10-8 hammer, long flat trigger, tool steel sear, set to 4.25 lb pull
- 10-8 bar stock grip safety
- 10-8 .140" notch rear sight, .125" wide brass bead front sight
- Wilson ambi safety
- Wolff springs throughout, 17lb recoil, 19lb main, extra power firing pin springs
- Guncrafter mainspring housing, flat, 20lpi checkered, with lanyard loop
- Beveled magazine well
- Wilson Bulletproof firing pin stop, extractor, ejector
- Black managanese phosphate Parkerized finish
- 6 CMC Power Mag 8 rd magazines, stainless, with 10-8 aluminum base pads
- 10-8 Lube, patch, Armorer Tool, Medium Grip Tape and Ultra Grip Fine Grip Tape packs
Visit the 10-8 Facebook page to see a photo album of the entire build process.